IN and OUT #3

My last post was awhile ago - I'm sorry about that. I got caught up with work and other things, and just didn't have providing a new entry down on my 'to-do' list.

While I work on coming up with a better entry, I thought I would do an In and Out.

IN

- Handmade Christmas Gifts. I love to receive them, but I also like to make them. You get a great feeling when on Christmas morning, someone opens a gift that you made specially for them, and they love it.

- MAC. Lately, I have gotten more and more 'in' to this company. I love my NARS, but MAC's eyeshadows are more 'mix-n-match' - you can pick just the shades you like for your palette. Whereas NARS shadows are either singles or duos and they can't be palette-ed with as much ease, and they are not as customizable. I would also like to highlight that this company delivers stand-out customer service to me...I have only had one bad experience, but the other experiences I have had completely wipe that one from memory.

-Peppermint. The smell makes me think of winter, and Christmas. I love candy-canes, and all candy-cane related product out this time of year.

- Brown Leather. I am fond of it now...where before I use to love Black. My purse, wallet and 'satchel' (I refuse to call it a brief case) for work are both dark brown leather. I got them from Roots. They look 'warm' to me...the coloring is perfect and they are well-worn. They will be my 'winter' bags.

OUT

- Complicated Makeup. I have been finding that lately when it comes to doing my makeup, I just like to slap on one eyeshadow color, mascara, and lip gloss and head out the door. You don't realize how much time you were spending on the process of making yourself up until you whittle down the routine. Aah, simplicity.

- Foundation. Lately, I have been skipping this step in my makeup routine. My skin is great, it's moisturized, my coloring is even, and there really is no need to put foundation on - I have nothing to hide.

- Trend Whoring. I know I mentioned something on this topic on my last In and Out, and it is going to appear again here. I am at the point in my life where I just don't care what is considered in style/en vogue anymore. I will happily do my own thing. I wear what I am comfortable in, and what I think looks nice. That's all that matters.

- Freezing Rain. We had it twice last week and it was awful. I hate waking up to everything being coated in a thick shell of ice.


I will be back later in the week with my November favorites. How time flies...I cannot believe it will already be December on Wednesday! I think I say something like that every month, though!