Backorder Hell!

Not that long ago, I posted a blog entry about the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and how I’m waiting not-so patiently to buy it.

In that same vein, I thought I would let you know about some related frustration I’m having about some other products: Clinique Chubby Sticks, and CARGO PlantLove products.

CARGO is already a brand of makeup that I really like, so when I found out that Sears was selling their PlantLove line, I was happy. I love their eco-friendly packaging and commitment to delivering a natural makeup product. So, I put in order with Sears back in the middle of February and also blogged about it. I’m STILL WAITING to receive the products. They have been on backorder for quite some time, and the delivery keeps on getting pushed back. The last notice I received indicated that they would be in for pickup at my local Sears depot on Tuesday (April 19th) of this week. I’m not keeping my hopes up - but it would be wonderful if they were in!

Clinique is another brand that has a good record with me; my favorite foundation and concealer are made by Clinique and I also use their 3-Step Skin Care line of skin products. I bought one Chubby Stick as soon as I saw they were in for order at Sears - and apparently I ordered at just the right time! It came in quickly without any hassle. Impressed with the product, I decided I wanted a chance to try out all of the other shades available, so I ordered them and blogged that it would be an upcoming collection haul. I was able to put in my order for all of them but one - the red stick called Chunky Cherry. That was at the beginning of March. Again, I am still waiting to receive them! They were originally suppose to be in on the 9th; the new expected delivery date is also Tuesday (April 19th) of this week.

Since I was in a city with a Sears store and a Clinique counter on Friday, I decided to stop in to see if they had the Chunky Cherry Chubby Stick. Of course, it’s the only one of the line they were SOLD OUT of! I was annoyed but not all that surprised, ether. The girl at the counter told me they were expecting to get more in before the end of the month.

Lord, I hate waiting! I am one of the most impatient people I know. I’ll let you guys know if I finally get my products this week.

I have another insane week ahead of me - I’m teaching three times and dealing with a family crisis. I’m hoping to get more than one or two posts up, but it may be another slow post week for me.

Have a good week!