REVIEW: New York Color Blushable Creme Stick



Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased

New York Color (NYC) Blushable Creme Stick in Shade 644U Plaza Pink, $2.49 CDN @ PharmaPlus

Reason for Purchase

I saw this product for the first time in an old video by Lollipop26, from a swap she took part in. I was interested in trying the product out. My local drugstore has had this particular item in-stock for quite some time and I just recently decided to buy and try one out.

Notable Features

Nothing much, really. The product is a cream blush in stick form.

Packaging

The product comes in a lipstick style twist-tube with a peachy pink plastic base and a clear plastic lid. The tube base matches the shade of the blush.

Experience Using Product

I am one of those people who tries not to expect too much from ‘low end’ makeup companies, so that I don’t get disappointed if products do not perform well. I wasn’t expecting the best experience from this product at all - the stick reminds me of a NARS Multiple (of which I have several), so in my mind I was dead-set that this blush stick would not be able to compare.

Well didn’t I get a surprise!

These blush sticks are creamy, and very well pigmented. The creme is thick - not super sheer and something you have to build-up when you apply it. I found this shade very complimentary to my skin tone, and it blended very well. I accidentally over-did it the first time I wore it, because I was certain the color payoff would be poor - it wasn’t.

Lasting power for this blush is not quite the best; after about half a day, it tends to disappear. But, that is true of many cream blushes.

Here is a swatch of the color:




Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject

I would not re-purchase this particular shade, mostly because I have a lot of light pink blushes in my collection already (which begs the question, why did I buy this shade in the first place?). I saw a mauve shade that I liked, so I think I will be picking up that one and getting rid of this one.

I would recommend this product to you if you are interested in trying a cream blush and are not interested in paying a lot of money for one (hello NARS, MAC, Stila, Tarte and Urban Decay). If you have already found a cream blush that you love, you can probably pass on this one.

To learn more about this and many other New York Color (NYC) products, go to their website.