Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased
CARGO Voyages Collection Safari Kit, $27.20 CDN @ CARGO.ca
Reason for Purchase
My growing love for CARGO led me to buy one of their makeup kits. You get three full size items and two minis - great value for money!
Notable Features
In this kit, you get:
- BeachBlush in Coral Beach (full size)
- Eye Shadow Duo in Brown and Gold (full size)
- Mini Triple Action Mascara in Black
- Eye Pencil in Khaki (full size)
- Mini Classic Lip Gloss in Safari
Packaging
The whole kit comes in a thin plastic box. Inside the box is a cute makeup pouch which contains the products. The pouch is made to look like a postcard. Here is what it looks like front and back:
How adorable is that? I love the little swallow zipper-pull!
They also slipped this cute postcard in with my order:
I love it!
Experience Using Product
My favorite item in this kit is the BeachBlush in Coral Beach. It is great to use when you want your skin to look sun-kissed; I especially like using it over top of a bronzer to give my skin a look of added warmth.
The eyeshadow name is a bit misleading - I do not find the colors in the duo to be either brown or gold; it’s shimmery olive green and shimmery green-gold. The eye pencil is a khaki green (not brown, like I was expecting) and goes well with the eye shadows. Of course, you can never go wrong with black mascara! I don’t find that CARGO’s formula does anything above the ordinary for my lashes.
The lip gloss completes the kit - a bright shimmery coral.
The contents of the kit really give you the ability to create a pretty summer look.
Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject
I would totally recommend this kit to you; You may find it especially great for an introduction to the CARGO brand, if you are not sure which products you want to buy. The kit would make a great, simple birthday or Christmas gift too.
CARGO is adding to the Voyages colleciton pretty regularly. They just added another kit like this one, called the Mediterranean Kit. It comes with a different makeup pouch and different products. I would have ordered this kit too, but I already own the majority of the kit’s contents.
You can order this kit directly from CARGO’s website, or through Sears. Currently, the Mediterranean Kit is only available from CARGO’s website.