Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased
LUSH Pineapple Grunt Soap, $5.95 CDN @ LUSH.ca
Reason for Purchase
I had no success finding this soap at the LUSH store in the St. Laurent Shopping Centre, so I picked it up online at the LUSH Boxing Day sale.
Notable Features
Here is what LUSH has to say about Pineapple Grunt:
If you'd love a holiday on a hot tropical island but can't leave town, buy a piece of Pineapple Grunt. With chunks of fresh, organic enzyme-packed pineapple and calming vetivert, made from fragrant Indian grass, you'll take one inhalation and think you're in an exotic forest. Wash yourself down in the shower and imagine you've been caught in a tropical rainstorm.
This soap contains fresh pineapple, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, vetivert oil, and gardenia extract as some of its main ingredients.
Packaging
If you get this in store, you can either get a slab cut and pop it in a yellow bag, or you can get it wrapped in LUSH paper. If you buy it online, it’s likely going to come wrapped in LUSH paper or in plastic (count on plastic if you get it as part of a Gift Box).
Experience Using Product
This soap is very slippery when it’s wet - more so than the Body Shop soaps or your regular drugstore soap brands; you can tell the soap is glycerin based. On the LUSH website, it’s noted that this product may melt - and I totally think it would if you ordered it over the summer or if you live in a hot climate!
I am not 100% into the scent; there are days I like it more than others. For whatever reason, most of the time I don’t smell a whole lot of pineapple in it - I suspect I am smelling the gardenia and vetivert (although, I have no idea what vetivert is suppose to smell like) overtop of the pineapple. Don’t get me wrong, the soap does have that ‘mixed tropical fruit’ smell that LUSH promises; it almost reminds me of dried tropical fruit mix.
There are no exfoliating products in this soap, which I like. The soap lathers very easily, and rinses away clean. I don’t notice a lingering scent from the soap on my skin, either.
Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject
With a name like Pineapple Grunt, I was expecting more of a pineapple scent than what I got. For that reason, I would not re-purchase this soap.
I would not recommend this soap to you unless you got a chance to smell it first; if you’re not sure you’re going to like using it or if it will irritate your skin, ask for a sample.
You can buy this soap from the LUSH website, or in a LUSH store.