This is what's left of my Sexy Peel soap. The white stuff on the soap is just dried soap lather.
Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased
LUSH Sexy Peel Soap, $5.95 CDN @ LUSH.ca
Reason for Purchase
It was a purchase I made in Ottawa in the fall when I couldn't buy a slab of Pineapple Grunt, which is what I really wanted! This soap is citrus scented, which is one of my favorite scents.
Notable Features
The LUSH website has this to say about Sexy Peel:
Use a bar of Sexy Peel soap to get yourself going in the morning. Wesley created it because he thought that a citrus soap would be great for mornings and there was plenty of citrus peel going to waste at the factory. The fragrance smells like a breakfast marmalade.
This soap contains lemon, lime and orange peel; lemon juice; and lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit oil as its key ingredients.
Packaging
If you get this in store, you can either get a slab cut and pop it in a yellow bag, or you can get it wrapped in LUSH paper. If you buy it online, it’s likely going to come wrapped in LUSH paper or in plastic (count on plastic if you get it as part of a Gift Box).
Experience Using Product
I have been using this soap for awhile now. It’s getting annoying how slowly it’s ‘melting’ away.
I really love the citrus scent. You can’t pick out one particular citrus fruit scent in this soap because it contains 4 different citrus fruits.
The scent in this soap really is a great pick-me-up. It makes my skin and senses feel refreshed.
One thing I am not too crazy about is the peel that is inside the soap, which acts like an exfoliant. I am not one of those girls who rubs the bar of soap all over her body - I create a lather in my hands and then wash myself with that. So, all of the exfoliating properties the peel is suppose to impart is inflicted on my hands - and I don’t really like it.
The scent of citrus will last on your skin for a few hours after you shower before it fades away. It is not a heavy scent.
Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject
I can ‘deal’ with using this soap. Would I purchase it again? No - the peel exfoliator feature of the soap is not something I like.
I would recommend this to you if you enjoy citrus scents and do not have a sensitivity to them, and also if you are looking for a soap that has a built-in exfoliator.
If you’re not sure about it, try getting a sample slice to try out from your local LUSH store.
You can purchase this product at any LUSH store (it is part of their permanent line of soaps) or on the LUSH website.