REVIEW: Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls





Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl, $19.99 CDN @ PharmaPlus

Reason for Purchase

It reminds me of the Guerlain Luminous Pearls - but it’s not as pricey!

Notable Features

Physician’s formula claims that this product will create an instantly glowing complexion and a perfectly even skin tone. Real Mineral Pearl Extract delivers a luxurious skin-perfecting effect.

This product is hypoallergenic, paraben free, and perfume free.

Packaging

Standard round Physician’s formula compact, with a second compartment that contains a brush under the pan of product. The lid is clear with a pearl nubbin (it actually looks like a nipple - seriously) in the middle.

Experience Using Product

I was expecting the shimmer from this product to be more finely milled, and it’s not. To me, it actually looks a bit on the chunky side.

The shimmer in this product is quite powerful; I don’t know that it would produce a ‘glow’ unless applied with an extremely light hand. I use it to highlight - it’s never been applied all over my face.

If I’m just having a ‘blah’ day, I’ll pop it on my eyes as a shadow.

One thing that I have noticed with Physician’s Formula products that have been released lately is that they are very powdery - it takes no effort at all to load your brush. But, the downside to that is that when you do load your brush, you’re left with a lot of product ‘dust’ that goes to waste. I do not like that. The formulations of PF’s earlier powders was better - they seem to have been more densely formulated and you didn’t get as much ‘dust’.

The brush you get in this compact is decent - but I still prefer to use my own brushes. This brush is small and wide so you can get good coverage, but the bristles are not that great.

Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject

I am usually a big fan of Physician’s Formula products. But, I would not purchase this particular product again; I will use up what I have and then it’s going to get binned.

I don’t recommend this powder to you - there are better quality, cheaper products of this type out there.

To learn more about this product, visit the Physician’s Formula website.