Palette Love

Lately I have been abandoning my eye shadow singles and duos in favor of using the palettes I have. I tend to neglect them because of their size (so big for a normal makeup bag!), but lately have favored using them because of the fact they're so much easier to pull out rather than 4 or 5 eye shadow singles.



You may remember that months and months ago (February or March, I believe) I put in order in with Sears for the CARGO PlantLove Green Glamour 100% Natural Origin Eye Shadow Palette. Yesterday (yes...a mere 5 to 6 months later) it finally arrived!



Here is what it looks like:





This palette contains all 18 of the CARGO PlantLove eye shadows. I am really liking the colors - so gorgeous! I was lusting after the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette until this Green Glamor palette came.



Here's a close up of all three rows of shadows (including the shade names):



Row One





Row Two





Row Three





And I also have a 'preliminary' swatch set for you. I promise, there will be a much better set of swatches when I review the palette in the future:





Today I used one of the shades in the palette - the lovely taupe color in the top row, called Finch. I LOVE it! It lasted all day without creasing (on top of MAC Painterly Paint Pot). I'm looking forward to getting to try out more of the shadows in this palette.



The other thing that is neat about this palette is if you pick one of the colors in the palette and go either down two spaces (so there are three shadows in a line), across two spaces, diagonal two spaces, you end up with three shades that coordinate very well.



Here's a shot of all three lines of shadows.





Let's pick a color. We'll go with Beech, in the bottom row. Now go up and diagonally to the right two spaces - so now your row of three is Beech, Ivy and Finch. Gorgeous combination! How about Blue Jay, and we'll go up diagonally to the left two spaces - so now the row of three is Blue Jay, Peacock and Pelican - again, an amazingly beautiful combo! My favorite? Go to Marigold, and left two spaces - so we've got Marigold, Bamboo and Peacock. So pretty!



I am so happy with this palette. I sincerely hope I continue to be happy with it the more I use it.



Have any of you tried this palette? Let me know!