My Skin Routine




I've been using a new skin-care regimen for the past few months, and it's been doing great things for my skin. For almost 2 years, I was using the Clinique 3-Step Skin-care system - until I realized how oily the moisturizer was making my skin. So, I decided to go back to using drugstore products instead of department store ones. My wallet is happy for this change, as is my skin.

So, here's a quick rundown of the usual suspects:

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - When I wake up in the morning, this is what I wash my face with. It's very good for sensitive skin, and doesn't have a scent or dye in it. I use the large pump bottle (it lasts forever!).

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner - I put a few drops on a cotton pad and use it all over my face (paying special attention to nostril creases, forehead, and under my chin). It's got a nice smell - not too offensive.

Oil-Free Neutrogena Moisture for Sensitive Skin - This is usually the last step in my morning skin routine. I use one pump and apply it all over my face, and make sure to apply it right up to my hairline, and down my neck.

Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 85 with Helioplex - This was my go-to product for summer. I used it after I had applied moisturizer. It works well under makeup, and it does not make your skin greasy at all.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser - It's a scrub with microbeads that I use every night in the shower to exfoliate my skin. It's not gritty, and I've never aggravated my skin by using it (unlike the St. Ives Apricot scrub).

Neutrogena All-in-One Makeup Removing Cleansing Lotion - I cannot say enough good things about this product. I am on my second bottle. This is a product that works very well to remove not only foundation and eyeshadow, but also liquid eyeliner and mascara. It doesn't leave an oily residue on your skin (if you follow the directions!), and doesn't burn your eyes. This is the last thing I use on my skin before I go to bed.

I was using an eye-cream for awhile, but I gave up on it. I really don't feel like I have a need for it. Wrinkles are inevitable - it's a fact!

If anyone has any questions about these products, I am happy to answer them.