Review: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick



Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick - A34 Born With It - $5.94 CDN @ PharmaPlus
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick - G80 Sweet Ginger - $5.94 CDN @ PharmaPlus

Reason for Purchase

I love lip products! I had seen a video on YouTube by Hollyannaeree - her Updated Drugstore Favorites - Top 10 Drugstore Products Under $10 video, which you can watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BYP8iNDcY

She mentioned that the lipsticks are very moisturizing, and have a watermelon scent - so I was sold!

The colors I picked up are Born With It - which is a coral pink with gold/orange shimmer; and, Sweet Ginger - which is a deep pink with golden shimmer.



Swatch Shot: Left: Sweet Ginger, Right: Born With It

Notable Features

SPF 15

Packaging

The lipsticks are in a red tube.

The products have no tamper barrier :(

Experience Using Product

These lipsticks are truly moisturizing. They do feel a bit greasy at first, but once you put them on you won’t need to put a gloss on on top or balm on underneath. You will have to re-apply if you eat or drink - they come off quite easily. They are very glossy.

When I put swatches of the colors on my hand, I found that I experienced a mild irritation - itchiness. Fortunately, I did not experience this irritation once the product was on my lips.

Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject

I would re-purchase. I like the fact that I did not have to put a gloss on top to give the product extra ‘oompf’. The lipsticks do this all on their own. I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a moisturizing lipstick. If you are looking for something that is more ‘long-wear’, these lipsticks don’t fit the bill. I do find this product Acceptable; the next time they are on sale, I plan on picking up a few different shades.

Want more information about this product? Check out the Maybelline website:
http://www.maybellinenewyork.ca/caeng/PRODUCTS/Lips/LIPSTICK/Moisture-Extreme.aspx