REVIEW: NYC Extreme Lip Glider Gloss



Product Brand and Name, Price (CDN), Where Purchased

New York Color (NYC) Extreme Lip Glider Lip Gloss, $3.67 CDN @ Wal-Mart.

Reason for Purchase

I like the shimmery look of this gloss; the price is great - very affordable!

Notable Features

The information on the tube states “Vibrant color & smooth, glassy shine...the ultimate “lacquered” look for lips!”

Packaging

The lip gloss comes in a skinny 6-inch long (roughly) squeeze tube with a plastic doe-foot applicator on the tube, and a frosted plastic twist-off cap.

Experience Using Product

This gloss has a sweet scent to it. The shades are very true to what you see in the tube. The shimmer is also more subtle on many of them - there’s only a few that are super shimmery. The lip gloss is, well, glossy and it is also a little sticky.

Pigmentation on these glosses is wonderful - every color shows up on my lips (even the pale one, Park Ave. Pink!). Here are swatches of the colors I own:



L to R: 523U Mulberry St. Mocha, 524U Downtown Brown, 525U Big Apple Red, 521U Metro Mauve


L to R: 526U Chinatown Cherry, 522U Carnegie Melon, 518U Chelsea Rose, 520U Plaza Punch, 519U Park Ave. Pink

I like the plastic doe-foot applicator that is affixed to the tube. I also like the fact that it doesn’t have that micro-fibre fuzz on it, so the applicator stays nice and clean.

Updated April 25 2011 3:09 pm: Here is the swatch of the last gloss in the line, which I picked up today. This one is 527U Riverside Rouge.



Another plus about this product is that it does not separate. What I mean is, you don’t have to squeeze out a bunch of clear gloss that’s separated from the pigmented part each time you go to use it.

My favorite way to wear these glosses is on top of NYC’s 16hr Smooch Proof Lip Stain.

My favorite shades of these glosses are: 518U Chelsea Rose, 520U Plaza Punch, 523U Mulberry St. Mocha, and 519U Park Ave. Pink.

Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject

I really like these glosses. I feel I got good value for my money. I’ve been using these glosses religiously over the past few weeks (along with the NYC stains) and now I own all of the shades but one. The shades are lovely and when I don’t feel like wearing a lipstick or any stain, this is what I put on.

I would definitely recommend these glosses to you. I bought a few extra to set aside for my blogs 1 Year Anniversary Giveaway!

To learn more about NYC and their products, check out their website by clicking here.