If you’ve been following my blog over the past few days, you know that I’ve gone a bit bananas with reviews for some of the CARGO Color Eye Shadow palettes.
I have 5 of the palettes - and I recently got a 6th BNIB palette (Brand New In Box) from a blog sale and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail (but since Canada Post is on strike, who knows how long it will take for me to get it).
I wanted to try something different for a Haul post - review the products in the haul before I post the details of the actual haul itself. You’ll have to let me know what you think of the format. I’m not sure what I think of it yet, myself!
Here are the 5 palettes I bought:
Click on the palette name to be brought to the review for that palette
- Shanghai
- Baja
- Bermuda
- London
- Vienna
The one I am waiting to receive is ‘Toronto’ (woot woot for Canada!).
One of these palettes is cheaper than buying an empty MAC Pro Palette x 4 and filling it with shadow pans - and cheaper still than the pre-filled limited edition MAC 4-pan palettes. The actual shadow pans in the palette are also larger than MAC shadows.
Believe it or not, I’m considering purchasing one or two more of these palettes (like I need more eye shadow!): Paris and Los Angeles. Paris looks gorgeous - it’s not available from Sears though, just the CARGO website. Los Angeles is available through Sears and the CARGO website.
I am very happy that CARGO is a Canadian brand; I’m all about supporting businesses based in my own country over those based somewhere else.
Overall, these shadows are strongly pigmented, super smooth in consistency, easy to apply and blend, and long-wearing. I am extremely happy with these purchases.
Have any of you tried any of these CARGO palettes?