CARGO Colour Eye Shadow Palette in Vienna, $28.00 CDN @ Sears.ca
Reason for Purchase
I am a big fan of CARGO products; I have some of their eye shadow singles (in the round silver pans, packaged the same way as their blushes) and wanted to try out a palette (or five - yeah...I bought five of them...).
Notable Features
This is a quad palette.
Like all CARGO products, this palette is named after a real place: Vienna, Austria.
Packaging
This palette is exactly the same size as a MAC Pro Palette x 4. It’s made of a clear resin-type plastic. The lid of the palette has a green, blue and yellow paisley/fleur-de-lis style print set inside of it. Here is what it looks like:
The lid to the palette snaps shut; there is no magnetic closure like the MAC palette.
Once you open the palette, you will see a square mirror set inside the lid. The four shadows are square and identical in size - they are set in their own pans, and squished right up against a very skinny grey plastic frame.
Experience Using Product
You get four complimentary colors inside this palette: a shimmery rosey-taupe, a shimmery navy blue, a shimmery bronze, and a shimmery pale beige. Here is what the shadows look like:
and here is a swatch:
All four colors are very pigmented.
The rosey-taupe color makes a great all-over-lid color. You can wear it alone or with other shadows from this palette.
The navy blue color is something I haven’t been brave enough to use all-over my lid. I’ve restricted it to eyeliner or outer-v shading; it goes really nicely on top of the rosey-taupe color, or the bronze color.
The bronze color can be used as an all-over-lid color, crease color, eye liner, or outer-v color. I find that because it’s got an rusty-orange undertone, it helps makes my blue eyes stand out.
The pale-beige color in the bottom right corner is great for a brow-bone and inner corner highlight, and it makes a nice all-over lid color too.
This palette compliments blue eyes very well. Right now those custom-eyes palettes that a lot of companies have out (Almay, Physicians Formula, Cover Girl) are super popular, and this one is perfect for people with blue eyes. The navy blue eye shadow in this palette isn’t 80’s fabulous like it is in some other palettes, and it’s not super grey-based. This is honestly one of the best blue eye shadows I’ve used; it does not make me look trashy or juvenile, or like someone punched me in the eye. The three brown colors work very well together - so you can do a nice neutral eye for the weekday and add some blue on the weekend for a more fun look.
Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject
I like this palette - and I would recommend it to someone who isn’t intimidated by the navy blue shade in this palette; ladies with brown or blue eyes might have an easier time working with this than someone with green or hazel eyes. The brown shadows in the palette are pretty universally flattering.
To learn more about this palette, you can visit the CARGO website (you can also shop from their site! - USA or Canada only) or the Sears website.