Urban Decay Brown Box in Honey Pot, $35.00 CDN, at Sephora.ca
Reason for Purchase
I was looking for something to help me make my brows look more defined without making them scary dark.
Notable Features
In this kit, you get two powder shades, a tray of brow wax, teeny tiny tweezers, and a teeny tiny brush.
Packaging
The Urban Decay Brow Box is a tiny purple box of eyebrow products.
When you flip open the lid, you see two trays of brow powder, and a spot where the tweezers and brush sit. In the top of the lid there is also a rather crap-tacular mirror; my mirror is cloudy and can’t be used because it doesn’t reflect anything.
Underneath the top tray is a pop-out drawer containing the brow wax.
You open the drawer by pushing in on it (it pops out from the front of the box).
Here’s what the whole thing looks like:
Experience Using Product
My natural hair color is a light ashy blonde, with natural golden highlighting to it. My eyebrows and eyelashes are naturally dark, but look horrifically over-defined if I use a dark brown product to fill them.
At first, I thought I had bought the wrong shade of product for my brows. Then I tried using it, and I saw that I really had picked the best shade for me.
In this shade of the kit, there is a dark ash blonde colored brow powder, and a light blonde-brown colored brow powder. Here’s what they look like in the pan, and swatched:
I do not use the little brush that comes in the kit to apply the powder; I use a full-size angled eyebrow brush. If/when I use the brow wax, I just apply it with my fingers.
The brow powder is well pigmented and doesn’t make your eyebrows look super powdery - a big plus! The wax is not super hard or super gloopy/gloppy - it’s very creamy for wax.
I am curious about the tweezers. I haven’t them yet! (because I haven’t had to tweeze my brows recently) They would make the cutest little travel tweezers if they work well!
Would I Re-Purchase, Recommend, or Reject
OK - first of all, I have to say something about the shade name of this product - Honey Pot. Where I come from, a Honey Pot is a slang nickname for an outhouse; Chamber Pots also use to be referred to as Honey Pots.
With all of that aside, I really like this product. Since I’m growing out some hair dye right now, I mostly use the darker shade of brow powder in this kit. However, once my hair is completely back to my natural color, I can see myself using a mix of the dark and light shades in my brows.
The brow wax is not something I use everyday - just when I’ve done makeup that I really want to be more long-lasting. For example, I used it this past weekend when I was out shopping for a full day.
I would definitely recommend this to you if you’re looking for a good brow kit; I haven’t tried an Anastasia kit, so I can’t compare this kit to that one. When this kit runs out, I would definitely re-purchase it!
To learn more about this kit, you can go to the Urban Decay website (you cannot purchase from this site if you live anywhere other than the United States) or to the Sephora website.