TAG: Summer Eye Color Picks



Doing this part of the Summer Products Tag was pretty darn easy. Probably because over the summer, I get pretty lazy with my makeup and don’t put so much effort into putting it on - why spend a ton of time on it when it’s probably going to melt off in the heat?

Anyhoodles, I have made a nice little list of my Summer Eye Products that I’ve been wearing a lot lately, and plan on continuing to use over the rest of the summer.

Here we go:

- NARS Eye Shadow Duo in Key Largo

- NARS Eye Shadow Duo in Cordura

- Urban Decay Naked Palette

- CARGO Color Palette in Bermuda

- MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo in Noble Touch


So, that’s a grand total of five products, but each actually contains more than one eye shadow...in truth, there’s a whopping 22 eye shadows in this selection. I think maybe I went a bit over-board? So much for only picking a few products, huh! Ha ha!

As far as the Naked Palette goes, I’m relying on most of the shades on the far left to middle of the palette, to help create a lightly bronzed look on my eyes. I’ve been staying away from the darker and more black or grey based shades (unless I’m having a crappy day - then I slap on some Creep).

Both NARS eye shadow duos are bronze-brown and work quite well together. I use the peach in Key Largo as my all over lid color, and the bronze in that duo as my crease color. From Cordura, I use the lighter brown color as my outer-corner shade, and the dark brown as my liner. This is what I'm wearing today! You can read more about Key Largo by clicking here.

The CARGO Color Palette in Bermuda is an awesome one that I love to death...you can read my review here for all the details!

I use the MAC Mineralize duo in Noble Touch to add a bit more shimmer and shine to looks I create with the other products; the white/pink color is good to use on the brow bone or inner corner as a highlight, and the bronze side adds a nice extra punch of bronze-shimmer on the lid. You can read my review about it by clicking here.

So - that’s Part 2 of my Summer Products posts. Stay tuned for the last part, Part 3: Cheek products. In that post I’ll be covering blush and bronzer.

My week will be super-busy, but I am hoping to get at least two posts done over the course week. It is really hard for me to believe that June will be over soon. The good news that comes with that is that I will be posting the details of my First Annual Blog Birthday Giveaway on July 1st!

Have a great week!